Finally after a few weeks, a new episode of Hollywood Game Night. However, I think this is the last new episode of the season, so I hope to continuing recapping next… whenever. This episodes, titled “Game Night, But That’s Another Story,” was a good contest with the typical cool variety of games presented by excellent emcee Jane Lynch.
Onto the recap!
- P.J. Meyer is a concierge from Minneapolis, MN.
- Molly Shannon
- Joel Madden
- Jenna Elfman
- Marielly Gonzalez is a legal assistant from Providence, RI.
- Ellie Kemper
- Donald Faison
- Bob Harper
Game One: Picture Purrfect
Click on each picture for larger size. Please don’t hotlink.
Game Two: Timeline
P.J.’s team: movie & TV aliens, most recent last
Marielly’s team: Horror movie villains
Game Three: TV ID
- Donald gives a succesful one-word clue, vampire, for True Blood.
- Jenna gives an unsuccessful two-word clue, beach dudes, for Hawaii Five-O.
- Bob couldn’t give a clue for Under the Dome.
- Marielly gives a successful one word clue, beer, for Cheers.
- P.J. gives a successful one word clue, president, for Scandal.
- Ellie gives a successful two word clue, alien bureau, for The X-Files.
- Bob gives a unsuccessful two word clue, scary fish, for Shark Tank.
- Marielly gives an unsuccessful two world clue, pot heads, for Beavis and Butthead.
Game Four: The Story of My Life
Jane reads a portion of a celebrity autobiography, players must guess the celeb. Correct guess of the author earns 2 points and a correct guess of the books earns an extra two points.
“The station was a toilet bowl, but who cared? I was the morning man in Detroit, a major market.” (Guessed by Bob from Marielly’s team.)
“I practiced for hours a day. I would wake up in the night hollering, “I am Clubber and I want Rocky Balboa.” (Author guessed by P.J.)
“Nobody knew that the sand was hotter than Hell and that the water was toxic. That every week, we had to bow to the dictates of what was perceived as a horrible, sexist show.” (Guessed by Joel Madden.)
“The miracle being that I looked at the cassette player that morning, and I knew I’d put a brand-new tape in the previous night, and I saw it was at the end. I wrote Satisfaction in my sleep.” (Author guessed by Joel.)
Game Five: Off the Top of My Head
Marielly’s team’s subject is Star Wars. (Galaxy, Falcon, Wookiee, Empire, Revenge, Lightsaber, Solo)
P.J. team’s subject is Star Trek (Enterprise, Earth, Future, Starship, Explore)
Team P.J. emerges victorious, 49-46
Celebrity Name Game
P.J. & Joel only get nine famous people right in the bonus round. Both win $9,000, with Joel’s winnings going to UNICEF.
Final Box Score
G1 G2 G3 G4 G5 Tot P.J. 5 3 8 8 25 49 Marielly 3 11 8 4 20 46
Picture Purrfect Answers
- Indiana Jones
- Forrest Gump
- The Untouchables
- Ace Ventura
- Jurassic Park
Movie and TV aliens:
Coneheads (1977), Cylons (1978), Alien (1979), Yoda (1980), E.T. (1982), ALF (1986)
Horror movie villains:
Leatherface (1974), Michael Myers (1978), Jason Voorhees (1980), Freddy Kreuger (1984), Chucky (1988), Scream’s Ghostface (1995)
- Private Parts by Howard Stern
- Mr. T: The Man with the Gold by Mr. T.
- Don’t Hassel the Hoff by David Hasselhoff
- Life by Keith Richards